Sunday, December 30, 2012

July to December what a Journey!

Hey NeverEver's,

I know technically it has been a short year for this blog, it all started back on July 23rd. Finally getting tired of how I was living my life. Getting short breath walking up stairs, not fitting into the clothes that I wanted to wear, feeling pain inside my body that I knew I shouldn't be feeling. I knew things couldn't remain living the same life without some major issues physically and emotionally.

But has things changed since starting this blog?

The true answer is yes and no.

I am cooking and eating out less then ever before. The kitchen is not my enemy anymore! I have cooked Chicken, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner all from home, Tried new foods, and I even got some healthy cheese & pasta!

It should also be mentioned that while I have been playing in the kitchen there has been NO casualties of family member stomachs!

So, I learned I can survive in the kitchen...and even enjoy it! That has been a real eye opener this year and something that I want to expand on in the New Year!



My workouts have been almost non existent! The 'Ya I JUST worked out' feeling.  Yup, I am going to be putting it out there, because if I can't be truthful here there is no point in continuing this blog.


I have been doing my exercise challenges, very faithfully, but those are not a workout! At least I don't feel like they are a workout. Maybe because I don't feel like I do after a long walk/jog (my legs are so tired) or a Gym Class (my heart rate is way up). So this is something that I will be working on in the New Year!


I have learned that from these challenges that I can actually see a goal from start to finish! It still surprises me that I have been doing 50 Squats for FIT Happens Holiday Challenge since November!






There has also been the challenges, both real & just challenging situations, that I have joined and enjoyed. There is so much support out there and it has humbled and astounded me!


At first I was surprised and so happy that I was chosen to write a review for KLUTCHclub October Box. This was a challenge all on its own. Never wrote one before, I wasn't even sure I could do it. But I did it!



Then there was my first Blog Challenge from AroundthePlate. This challenge was to Eat at Home for 10 days, no eating out at all. Which to tell the truth freaked me out big time. But, this challenge is what taught me that I could actually Survive Without Fast Food!!

Oh and it also introduced me to the wonderful site ChallengeLoop! If you haven't checked this site out you really have to!


There was also my challenge to write a Guest Post for a wonderful site called FitKit! Such a wonderful site that has Healthy Living right at your finger tips. Ideas and tips from all over! I decided to write about Staying Fit through the Holidays.



And to finish the year off strong I joined the #elf4health challenge. Now this challenge was given to us by the amazing & creative minds of Elle from Nurtritionella and Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean! What they gave us was over 6 weeks of unique daily challenges and people that we joined up with to conquer these daily challenges! I have had some amazing elves for helpers, there was first Casey, then Alexis and the newest is Katherine. They have all been so helpful and inspiring. 


So I think this year I have done more for my body, my life and my health then I have ever done before! I have realized that my life needed to change, I am cooking more, I have an amazing support group, and I finally started my dream blog.

I can not wait to accomplish even more in the New Year. 2013 is going to by my year, and tomorrow I will show my plans and goals for it!






However, I wanted to end this 'review' post by thanking all my readers. You guys have shocked, amazed and have made me cry tears of joy. Thank you for being the silent, or not so silent, force behind this blog. You guys are amazing and I can not wait to bring in the New Year with all of you!

No comments :

Post a Comment