Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Motivation is Everywhere

Hey NeverEver's

Welcome to Tuesday! After yesterday's small pity party I woke up today ready to make sure that I didn't take another back step. So after reading a little bit and having some breakfast it was time to get down to business.


It was job hunting time. Went on the normal sites, Linkedin, Monster, CareerBuilder and everything in between. Updating my resume, cover letter and putting the same information about past jobs. Before I even knew what happened it had been 6 hours on the computer. 


Yup, I spent 6 hours on the computer just applying and clicking. I have to say I was quite surprised of how many jobs are out there. It is something to be thankful for, it looks like the economy is on the upward trend ^_^.  I also have to say that looking and applying to all those really can tire you out. 

And while I was resting from the computer I had a few thoughts about motivation and how I can keep it going. This is what I came up with. 



Motivation is Everywhere 

Yup it as simple...and as complicated as that. So what can I do to make sure I am not only surrounded by motivation but to make sure that if I do have any more pity parties that it wont derail my whole day or week or life. 

Here is what I came up with:
  • Remember. It is extremely important to remember the reason why everything was started. Why did I want to lose weight? Why am I trying to change my life? 
  • Surround. To surround myself with reasons why I can't give up. Just seeing one of my Motivational Thursday or surfing through Pinterest. I have recently joined a few Facebook pages that surround me with awesome motivation in itself.
  • Involved. It is really hard to be down in the dumps when your involved in my fitness related TwitterChats or Surfing other Blogs. They have a tendency to remind me why I am doing this.
  • Move. Get out of the house. Somehow, someway just get moving. Either the gym, the park or just moving in the house. 
I do hope that this helps more then just myself. 

On a finishing note I did my first 3 mile walk / jog since my First 5k. It felt really great to get out of the house and get those miles done. 


With the Color Run only 11 days away I really don't feel ready. So what do I do when I don't feel ready? I sign myself up for another 5k. Yup I signed up for the Love Mud Run on 2/16/13. Cannot wait to share THOSE pictures with Mud all of me ^_^. I think I even got the Hubby to join me on this one. I will have an update if that is a go tomorrow.

Okay NeverEver's that is it for tonight. Have a great one!

2 comments :

  1. Job hunting is rough. It can be discouraging but you will find something. You just gotta keep at it! Motivation is hard but it sounds like you've got a good plan to keep it around. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a hard economy but it is so much better then a few years ago. I am sure there is something coming soon!

      Delete