Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday: Re-Boot Day 2

Hey NeverEver's!

Today is Day 2...the dreaded Day 2 of Re-booting. At least that is what I read about the normal Day 2's of Re-booting. The usual symptoms seem to be headaches, nausea, light headed-ness, lack of energy and just plain feeling dreadful. Not something that you usually want to experience...especially all together.

So how am I feeling on this Day 2?

Not bad, not bad at all. Of course the day is only half done but hey I want to look on the bright side of things ^_^!

I have felt light headed, but it isn't so bad that I feel like an invalid. No headaches or nausea to speak of. I did have some lack of energy but I am not sure if that is because I am in the habit of being lazy or it was the detox. Personally, I am leaning towards the habit not the detox.

Breakfast Day 2:



I didn't think about taking pictures of me actually making the smoothie. And it sure doesn't look like the lovely Pink Kale Juice from Kelly but it doesn't taste bad. Even after I figured out I forgot the Lime! Definitely taste the Kale though...I may have put just a tad to much in.

Lunch Day 2:


Today is another salad, happily the last one until Friday (YAY). I am on a fan of tomatoes. Nope never have been they are just...well the taste and I don't agree with one another. Which is why I am happy with the cherry tomatoes. I can barely taste the 'tomato-ness' and they are so easy to get down! 

My verdict is still out on Hummus. I know so many people like it but it is a little 'dry' to me. Not going to say no to it though because there are other flavors and types that I can try. Just this one...not my thing. 

Dinner Day 2:


Well it isn't dinner time yet but you guys can get a sneak peak of what is coming up! Dinner today is Butternut Squash Spaghetti! Currently still in the oven but it will be done soon, and when it is I will be having it later tonight. 

I have a 1 day assignment to do some data entry so I am taking dinner on the go. I was worried about doing this Re-boot and work, even if it is for only 1 day, but tonight's dinner made it easy! 

Last night a wonderful surprise came into the mail! And although I knew it was coming it was still a wonderful surprise. 



See a few weeks ago I entered a giveaway Averie from AverieCooks, wonderful spot if you haven't already read me gushing on and on about it, and it was to win 2 cookbooks. I was lucky enough to be picked! 



Now I have only gone through Vegan Eats World so far and man does this book explain so much! I am just a newbie in the kitchen that it gets me a little over whelmed, but with this book is breaks all the meals down. Goodness, before it even touches on the recipes it explains what saute-ing is, how to cut a potato (or other things) for french fry like goodness. There is even more explanations that I haven't even gotten to yet. Plus since it uses some unique herbs and spices it tells you where to find them and if there is any subs. 


Now forgive me but this book I am waiting until I am off the Re-Boot. Its called self preservation and I am using it now! But, what I can say...before I put the book on a high shelf...is that the cookies look amazing and yummy and I can't wait to make some of them!

Okay NeverEver's, I do have to get outta here, its time to get ready for my 1 day assignment! I will let you all know how the butternut squash pasta comes out!

No comments :

Post a Comment