Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Virtual Race 5k

Hey NeverEver's!

So today is Sunday. How did it already become Sunday? And whats more how is it already the end of February? I am not sure but I guess that is how time goes right, it just keeps going and going.

I will be truthful, right now things aren't going to well for me. At least not in the job market. It is amazing how much 1 little, or not so little, thing takes up so many thoughts. So, trying to be in the interest of fairness, will inform you that I might be a little mopey.

Anyways, enough of that for now, I have my first virtual run to show and tell ^_^.


So as I mentioned before, I was going to be doing my first Virtual 5k...ever. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it? If I was going to be able to stay motivated? If it would even be the same. I just didn't know. 

Well now I know. And I can answer you this. There is nothing quite like 'race' day and its atmosphere. But, on the other side the Virtual Run did have its own advantages. 




1. I got to do the Virtual Run any time over the weekend. Which was nice because I was originally planning on doing it on 2/23 and that SOOO didn't happen.

2. I was able to do it ANYWHERE I wanted it. It was originally thought that I would do this outside...but it turned out to be an indoor treadmill run. 

3. It kept me motivated on that Treadmill, like nothing else has done before

4. It was kind of fun being the only one running. Kind of like a secret mission that only I could do. Yes, I wanted WAYYY to much 007 at a very impressionable age ^_~

5. You get to warm up, however you want. On most race days all I do is stretch out my legs and that is it. On the Virtual Run I was able to walk for 5 minutes just to warm up before starting my 'run'

 

So all in all I enjoyed my first ever Virtual Run. There is really quite a bit of room for improvement not only on the time but in how much I can run at one time. But, I will get there.

For now, I am just damn proud of myself for doing 3...yes '3' 5k's this month! That is something astounding to me. Hell, to the truthful the fact that I am doing this, any of this, still surprises me at times. But, there is NO turning back now. What would be the point when I have already accomplished so much! 

Anyways, I just wanted to give my own 2 cents about the Virtual Runs and to Share ALL about my own race. 

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend NeverEver's! Side note, I know that I missed my Friday Weigh In and I will be having it on Monday instead. 

No comments :

Post a Comment