Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Food Prep

Hey NeverEver's!

We are officially 3 days away from Thanksgiving which I just can't believe that means we are that close to Christmas. Well I can but I would prefer if we could go back a few months ago ^_~. Time seems to be flying by with no stop.




But anyways, since this is Sunday and I usually do my Food Prep or at least Food Planning for the following week I thought I would tell you all about my plans for Thanksgiving. Because to tell the truth Monday - Wednesday is going to be left overs. All my cooking skills are going to be stored up for Thanksgiving.



So here is my Game Plan!

Turkey - Fig Glazed Roast Turkey (Food Network pg 155) I have never done a glazed Turkey, I have done a Herb Rubbed, Brine and Salted. But never glazed so I am really looking forward to this one.

Stuffing - I am doing SkinnyTastes Mushroom Quinoa Stuffing. I have gotten my family to like Quinoa and I wanted something different then a bread stuffing.

Sauce - Cranberry Orange Sauce (Food Network pg 155).

Vegetable - Carrots with Walnuts (Food Network pg 176)

Salad - Spinach Apple Salad (Food Network pg 176)

Dessert - Cranberry Pear Crisp (Food Network pg 94)

I was able to find most of the recipes in the magazine online of their page so I have included the links!

What is the best thing about this upcoming Holiday? It isn't the food that I m cooking, although I am looking forward to it. It is the

The run I am doing that morning!


Yesterday I picked up my race gear and I got all of this! Look a T-Shirt, Hat, and Time Card! Plus we all get a finisher medal!!!

Really looking forward to this run!

Oh and before I leave for the night, heading to the Laugh Factory tonight w/ the Hubby, I wanted to share with you all my latest NSV!


I got boots to fit over my calf! Now this is a BIG BIG deal for me. I have always wanted to wear knee boots and high calf boots but my legs were just to big to fit into them. Well I got it! I lost a nail (well the length of it) getting one of them on but it doesn't matter. It went on!

Woot!!!

Okay NeverEver's, I am ready to call it a night. So how are your Thanksgiving plans going? Are you ready? Have you started on your Christmas list yet? I have but then I am a Christmas Freak so thats ok ^_~

No comments :

Post a Comment