Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5K

Hey NeverEver's!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Everything is gonna be in green today so no one gets pinched ^_~. I do hope you are all going to have an amazing one today. It will be a while until St. Patrick's day is back on a weekend so make sure you go out an have fun!!!! 

Since, that is exactly what I am planning on doing, I made sure to get my Virtual 5K in this morning so I can work off a few of those 'Green Beers'. What? I always wanted to try them...yet can never seem to be able to get one -_-. 


However, before I went to the gym for the race I tried one of the 'goodies' that I got from the LA Marathon Convention. The company Mamma Chia has these squeeze's (seen above) and the drinks. Well I got some of the squeezes and it is DELICIOUS! It has 1200Mg Omega-3, Fiber, no added sugar, 70 calories & Gluten Free + Vegan! 

It replaced my pre-breakfast run, cause I was running late and didn't want to get up this morning. And it gave me that full stomach feeling so I could run my 5K without getting dizzy or hungry! Then it was time to get my run on!


Unlike with my First Virtual 5K I now knew I could run 3.1 miles on the treadmill and whats more I have been training on jogging a mile after classes so I felt ready! Which is more then I can say for almost any of my other races ^_^. 

So it started and I decided that I wanted to actually jog the first mile without stopping. Something that I have never been able to do before. Even while just running a mile I always slowed down to a walk. This time I pushed myself through and did the whole mile WITHOUT STOPPING! Then I took a 1/2 a song break while doing a fast walk then it was back to jogging and I did the whole thing again! 


And with that 'I WILL be jogging this run' attitude I actually did it. My first mile my time was 14:17 my second was 13:31 and my third (I was tired by this time) was 14:07 for a grand total of 42:18! 

I beat my first Virtual Race time of 52:08 and that was amazing in itself. But knowing that I can actually jog a WHOLE mile without stopping...well that is something extra! 

I cannot wait to see what I can do next weekend for the #Anywhere5K 2nd Annual Race. My goal is to shave off 2 minutes on my time. It seems like a reasonable goal and I will be putting it into action. 

Okay NeverEver's, it is time for me to get ready for tonights party and help out a friend move somethings into storage. So i will be seeing you all tomorrow! 

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

2 comments :

  1. That's FANTASTIC and a huge milestone to be able to run a mile without stopping!!! Congrats on your 5th 5K this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still surprised that I was able to do it...although it is sinking it ^_^.

      Delete